Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Berkeley Thanksgiving

My first college Thanksgiving was...interesting to say the least. I didn't go back home to NJ or back to LA, instead I spent it right here in Berkeley which was completely fine by me. I ended up going to a friend's apartment for Thanksgiving and hanging out with a bunch of other guys, literally. I was the only girl there. So we ended up playing video games, watching a bunch of movies, and I learned to play poker! Turns out I'm pretty good at it since I finished second.

There was so much food...We had:
  • Ham - amazing!
  • Two stuffed chickens - no turkey, but the chicken and stuffing was good; we even went on a mini-adventure to Safeway in search of needles so we could sew the chicken together
  • Onion rings
  • Udon noodles
  • Some kind of chinese vegetable with oyster sauce - yum!
  • Soup
  • Lots and lots of soda and sparkling apple cider
There's probably some other stuff that I left out of that list since there was SO MUCH FOOD!!! We ended up staying up all night just talking about the most random things and then at 5AM we decided to go to Target for some Black Friday shopping. I ended up getting back to my dorm at 6AM and didn't go to sleep until 7AM...then woke up at 1PM in order to waste the day away by watching more movies and catching up on TV shows.
I would say it was a good Thanksgiving...definitely interesting and kind of spontaneous. But hey, it's Berkeley. What did you expect?

No comments: