Monday, August 23, 2010

College, I've Arrived!

So...I'm finally here. At college! UC Berkeley to be exact. I'm writing this at 1:25 AM right before I go to sleep, so I'll keep it short and sweet (no pictures, sorry!).

I moved in yesterday morning. I'm staying in a triple on the 2nd floor of my building. For a triple, the room is hugeeee. It's big enough that we don't have to bunk beds, so that's good. But apparently the triples on the 1st floor are smaller so they do have to bunk beds, which sucks. The building is really nice and it was recently renovated. Everything is clean, spacious, and pretty new. Plus, we have a really nice lounge area on our top floor with a huge flat screen TV. Yay for weekly TV sessions! After I moved in yesterday, I didn't really do much. I had lunch with my mom at Whole Foods (love their soups) and then I went to unpack and organize everything.

I didn't get Internet connection until today and ever since, I've been trying to catch up on all my blog reading and emails. This morning I also got to walk around with my roommates and we went to Caltopia which is this huge thing where businesses set up booths and you get a ton of free stuff and samples. It was pretty cool and I got 3 free t-shirts, a pretty awesome poster of Berkeley, and some other small stuff. Then later tonight we had a building meeting with our RA, a Clark Kerr meeting, and then we just kind of chilled.

So far, college has been pretty cool. A little overwhelming meeting a bunch of new people, but I'll learn all the names eventually!

No comments: